Delegate Fee. The $4,750.00 Delegate tuition and registration fee covers all on-site expenses, including 5 nights lodging, 3 meals per day, all elements of the Collaboration agenda, all networking receptions and activities, airport transportation, sports and recreational facilities, internet access and gratuities. The only other necessary expense is airfare. Apply to become an Opportunity Collaboration Delegate.
Registration Fee Schedule.
1. Prior to December 31, 2012 = $3250.00
2. January 1, 2013 to February 28, 2013 = $3750.00
3. March 1, 2013 to April 30, 2013 = $4000.00
4. May 1, 2013 to June 30, 2013 = $4250.00
5. July 1, 2013 to August 31, 2013 = $4500.00
6. September 1, 2013 to September 30, 2013 = $4750.00
Delegate Room-Sharing. In the event two Delegates elect to room-share, the registration fee for the second Delegate in the room is $2500.00 and includes full Delegate standing. The first Delegate to enroll pays the standard applicable registration fee. The fee rate for the second Delegate is applicable regardless of the primary Delegate's registration fee amount (early-bird discount, Fellowship, etc.).
Non-Delegate Traveling Companion Fee. The Traveling Companion fee is only $250.00 for all 5 nights (double occupancy) and includes all meals, airport shuttle and gratuities. Airfare and other personal expenses not included. Non-Delegate Traveling Companions may attend all networking receptions and events, all recreational programs and all evening activities, except the Colloquium for the Common Good, Conversations for Change and Capacity-Building Clinics are reserved for full Delegates only. Companions who wish to participate in these programs should register as full Delegates ($2500.00, standard hotel double occupancy). See Delegate Room-Sharing, above.
Child Traveling Companion Fee. The Opportunity Collaboration welcomes children 17 years of age or younger. Children must be accompanied by an adult caregiver at all times, thereby ensuring the Collaboration’s ambience of reflective dialogue. The all-inclusive fee for a Child Traveling Companion is $250.00. For more information, see Traveling Companions.
Extended Stay Fee. Lodging for extended stays before or after the pre-paid 5 nights is $350.00 per night (up to two people per room, including meals). As with all other hotel arrangements, book your extended stay with the Opportunity Collaboration Registrar
). See Traveling Companions extended stay rates for children.
(In addition to staying at the Opportunity Collaboration resort hotel, Playa Viva, a sustainable boutique hotel, and Casa Viva, a green bed & breakfast, both offer discount rates for Opportunity Collaboration Delegates. Rooms are shared, all meals included and transportation to and from event and airport provided. A nearby non-discount alternative is the Melia Azul, a high-rise resort located directly adjacent to the Opportunity Collaboration.)
Optional Expenses. Laundry, long-distance telephone, off-site excursions, spa services, in-room internet access (free wifi in the main areas), personal purchases in the boutique and selected premium alcoholic beverages are not included in the all-inclusive Delegate fee.
Cancellation Policies. After January 1, 2013, a $750.00 cancellation fee is applied. Because room space in the leadership village is restricted to Delegates only and pre-paid by the Collaboration, cash refunds after June 30, 2013, are not possible. Instead, the Delegate’s registration fee (minus a $750.00 cancellation fee) will be credited towards the 2014 Collaboration. In order to use the credit, the Delegate must register for the 2014 Collaboration prior to December 31, 2013. Cancellations which occur after September 30, 2013, do not receive a credit towards the 2014 Collaboration. To cancel, contact the Opportunity Collaboration Registrar
Basic Value Proposition: Sustainable Funding Model. Our obligation, as organizational leaders, is to spend our “conference dollars” wisely and smartly. Opportunity Collaboration cost factors include these major elements:
• Unlike traditional conferences, the Delegate registration fee reflects the real cost of the retreat (on-site expenses, staffing, transportation, programming, recreation, administrative staff and indirect costs). Because the Opportunity Collaboration is financially self-sustainable without subsidies from outside sources, Delegates are the only stakeholders. Accordingly, there is no exhibit hall, no advertising, no gimmicks; without distractions, Delegates are empowered to focus on the work at hand.
• The site itself is tranquil, comfortable and conducive to the Opportunity Collaboration’s mission. A Delegate reminds us, “We work hard so we appreciate and want to come back to a high quality location with good food and accommodations.”
• The Opportunity Collaboration’s success depends upon candid dialogue, peer-to-peer engagement and thought-provoking discussions about models of change. To create long-term collaboration and community, sufficient on-site time (5 nights/4 days) creates ample opportunity to explore potential collaborations and enable serious follow-on conversations to occur.
• A key cost driver is the event size which is limited to approximately 300 Delegates. In the words of one Delegate, “Please don't grow the Opportunity Collaboration to more people because it will lose some of its ability to make real connections.”
• Except for Fellows selected by a competitive process and standard early-bird pricing, the Collaboration does not offer Delegate discounts. All Delegates, by virtue of their successful careers and organizations, have important intellectual and leadership roles to contribute and, as a consequence, differentiated pricing is not offered.
• Significantly, the Opportunity Collaboration is itself a self-sustaining social enterprise. Initially capitalized by an individual social investor, it now operates in the black. Profits are modest, but allow for investment in Fellowships.